- Always wash your hands before cleaning!
- Shower regularly (Avoid Baths)
- Run your piercing under warm water for 3-5 minutes.
- Dry off the area with a clean, one time use product.
- Saline solution
- Use a gentle wound wash saline spray 1-2x per day to rinse/irrigate the piercing site. (NOT contact lens saline)
- Dry the off area. (Excess moisture may lead to complications)
THINGS TO AVOID:
- Avoid sleeping on your fresh piercing. (If you are a side sleeper we suggest using a travel pillow + sleeping with your ear protected in the neck hole)
- Avoid makeup, harsh facial cleansers & hair dye directly in/on the piercing.
- Avoid swimming for the first 6 weeks to prevent infection.
- Avoid harsh cleaning products such as alcohol, peroxide, bactine, Neosporin, tea tree oil, etc.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Days 1-7: some minor bleeding, tenderness, bruising or swelling.
- Week 2-4: swelling may intensify, you will begin to see white yellow discharge
- Week 4-6: swelling will behind to subside & we suggest stopping in for a check-up around this time to see if any adjustments need to be made to your jewelry.
- Check your jewelry regularly to ensure everything is tightened/secure.
- Don’t remove your jewelry without professional assistance until your piercing fully heals.
TYPES OF JEWELRY WE USE:
(Understanding what we have pierced you with)
- Threadless: pulls apart. The gem end on the front of your jewelry is removable.
- Threaded: one or both sides unscrew.
- Clicker: Hinge and clasp unclick
- Captive Bead Ring: the bead in the center is removable